Tuesday, September 1, 2009

{ big happy family }

To celebrate her parent's 40th wedding anniversary, Nicki thought it would be a great idea to round up the family and pose for portraits.... pretty much the best idea ever, huh? Kidding... a little - I've always loved giving photography as gifts (ask my mom, she's been getting photos for presents since my high school days at Picture People).

We braved the heat in Pasadena this past Sunday, and I'll tell ya, they were not only good sports, but really fun to work with and full of love for one another. The two little boys just lit up as soon as they saw their Auntie and Grandparents - it was so sweet. Here are some of my favorites...

The whole family with my favorite light :-)


I love how Tanner is trying to escape, but still smiling.



Just look at these handsome boys...



The happy couple...



Self posed and casual...



I looked behind me and caught these two having way too much fun without my camera being pointed at them... I made sure to snap a few shots before the fun came to an end.



Sisters!



The T-man!



Nicki scouted this place out the weekend before our shoot and fell in love with the architecture... she thought I'd think she was crazy for driving all the way out there to check it out, but her enthusiasm really got me excited... and we knew exactly where we wanted to shoot the day of. Cool beans.



Their Grandpa is so cool. Not only did he help with getting smiles out of the boys, but he hopped into the train to play. Cool, huh?



Next is one of my favorites! Nicki saw this wall accross the street from the park and knew I would LOVE it... she was right, of course.



Those eyes are beyond beautiful....



Little stinker... I love it!


Nicki,
Thanks so much for choosing me to photograph your awesome family! I had lots of fun, and really got a kick out of how much fun you all managed to have together despite that awful heat. I hope dinner was great (they got to go to the Melting Pot), and that your parents had a fantastic anniversary.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Nicki said...

Amanda,
Words can not express how IN LOVE I am with these photos! You did an AMAZING job capturing the personality and feel of the day. I am in awe!
Thank you from the bottom of my gratitude filled heart for making my parents 40th anniversary a day we will never forget. We will cherish these photos forever!
THANK YOU!
Nicki and family

September 2, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Debby Munar said...

These pictures are fabulous! You never cease to amaze me with your God given talent! you are an artist behind that lens, girl. Thank you for all your beautiful work. I love looking at all your sessions, and I truly feel apart of the day- even with strangers! I am lucky to have you as a cousin!! :)
Hugs

September 2, 2009 at 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Rafael said...

Beautiful images Amanada!

September 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home