Saturday, September 5, 2009

{ miss alexi }

Facebook really is one of the most amazing things around... not only is it great for business and staying current with your friends, but it's the best way to keep in touch with family members that you don't get to see as often as you'd like.

I remember when I first got a friend request from my mom.... I didn't know what to think... would this be bad? Would she shake a finger at all my happy hour visits and roll her eyes at all the photos of me at parties? It really could've been disastrous, ya know? But instead, facebook has connected me with aunts, uncles, cousins that've grown up to be waaaayyyy cooler than me, and has made it possible for all of us to get to know each other again.

OK. Why am I rambling about facebook? Because this photoshoot of my Aunt Annie and her daughter may have never happened if it weren't for that awesome little social site. As some of you know I'm always posting photos and rambling about this and that and my most favoritist childhood aunt took notice. She mentioned that she wanted to have photos taken of Alexi, and I jumped on the opportunity. I don't get to see them much, and I was floored to see how old (and cool) Alexi had gotten when I wasn't looking. Seriously, she is one cool kid... just look at her awesome wardrobe and super sassiness. I LOVED photographing her! So here she is - popcorn loving, concert going, Selina Gomez fanatic, Alexi:





I really really really wish they made that ruffly skirt in my size...



I don't know why exactly, but this is one of my favorites of the day. Her eyes are so expressive.



There are so many amazing textures and colors to be found in Downtown Fullerton.



She's such a great model... all I had to say was, "you lost your cell phone and you're grounded" to get a somber look. Then ask about her boyfriend, and presto! Smiles!



Our Taylor Swift tribute...



She's only 6! And look at how absolutely gorgeous she is! She's gonna stop traffic when she's older.





Had to get a few Mom and Daughter portraits in...



Seriously? Seriously? She is so flippin' cool.



Their wiener dog!



Like daughter, like doggy LOL



Happy faces and blurry backgrounds never fail...



A little leaf throwing does a kid good... cool idea, Annie!



Annie and Alexi,
I hope you had as much fun at our shoot as I did. You two were lots of fun, and I can't wait for the next round of photos someday. There are TONS more to look at... in fact I had a really tough time deciding which ones to post. I'll have your proof site up soon so you can check everything out. Love ya, and I hope to see you again soon!


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Debby Munar said...

beautiful, beautiful! Lexi is quite the character and has grown up so much since i saw her just last year! These are fantastic, as always! I think I am your biggest fan! :)

September 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Andrea AKA Annie said...

we did have fun. I thought you would think I was a crazy mom showing up with kid, dog, six outfits, wanting pics of her in the city and with nature, with and without the dog, with of me with her and some with me alone. You took it all in stride, even waited while I bought a white shirt and earrings. It was so hot but you kept your cool! We had a blast and can't wait to see more!

September 6, 2009 at 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Holli True said...

Oh my Gosh!!! Way precious! :) You are so amazing at your craft! I love how crisp your images are, great work!

September 6, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger P.S.Photography said...

LOVE what you did in this sesssion! You managed to capture her personality and style soooo well, I don't know how you did it but the pictures give me so many clues to who she is! SOOOO loving the cowboy boots! I love every single picture from this session, I think mom is going to have a hard time choosing just a few. Seriously if this was my daughter I would probably have to buy album, canvases, the works!

September 7, 2009 at 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Shawn said...

Alexi has grown up so fast! Beautiful!

September 10, 2009 at 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Sarina said...

Awww she is an adorable model! She knows how to work the camera with her eyes and subtle smile! Great job! I love the pic of her with her boots sitting on the truck!

September 15, 2009 at 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Jen Johnson said...

Awesome stuff!!!

September 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home