Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Vegas inspiration and a new outlook.

So the last couple days have been a whirlwind of fun, learning, sleep deprivation, and junk food. In fact I'm exhausted and my poor body is screaming for a vegetable or a piece of fruit... something, anything healthy. But that'll have to wait just a bit longer....

On my way home from taking my husband to work I got this crazy energy and inspiration (maybe it was the Lady Gaga CD I was bumping or maybe I'm finally going loopy. Or both). I just felt like I had to make an announcement so that 1.) people would know what was coming up and 2.) I would be held accountable for actually following through with my intentions.

Now I know it sounds like something big is coming, but it's not really. It's a big deal to me and it's going to be tough, but it's going to sound ridiculously simple and obvious to most other people. But none the less, here goes: I am going to start being myself. I need to start learning how to be me in the most honest and simple way. I need to stop filtering what I think, write, say just because I think it would be dumb, trivial, embarrassing, or irrelevant.... or scariest of all: judged.

Now you may be saying... uh that's it? And yes, that's it. The photography trade show I attended this year in Vegas was amazing. I went with amazing friends and saw amazing photographers speak and give lectures. I learned unexpected things and got inspired in ways that I didn't see coming (hence this random blog post).

I've decided that this will be my year of character development and reputation building and working like crazy. I want to shoot every single wedding I can get my hands on, meet every newborn, snap every photo I can. I want to connect with people, make friends, document people's stories. I plan on putting myself out there and learning not to be afraid of judgment. I want people to get to know the real me and either NOT LIKE ME or BECOME MY FRIEND. I will blog about whatever I want whenever I want. I will allow myself to go off on tangents about how much I love Thai food and Mexican wrestling. I will be myself.

And hopefully I'll get some blog readers that care and feel some sort of connection with me, my randomness, or my photography. But if not, at least I know my Mom and Pappy (hi Chief!) will read what I write. And that's fine too.

And since photos are my favorite here are the only photos I have from my big photography convention is Vegas (and I didn't even take them):

Yes, it's a photo of a photo. My scanner isn't working, haha. How funny is this one? It's my favorite from the night.


The other two awesome ladies are Stephanie Ann in the middle and Amanda Lynn on the right (yup, the other Amanda Lynn from Fullerton LOL). They are the best and some of the funnest dance partners ever.


Haha, the one on the top left is pretty hilarious too... we obviously weren't ready for that one.


The other two girls are Alice Hu and Connie Chung.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never knew that you weren't acting like yourself! I'm totally interested to meet the real you!! :)
Desiree

March 10, 2010 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Amanda Patrice said...

Haha, thanks Desiree ;-)

To clarify: I wasn't really hiding who I was per se, I just wasn't fully putting myself out there... I plan on blogging more often about things in my life and getting more of my thoughts out of my head.

Love ya!

March 10, 2010 at 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Jessica Arias said...

OMG you are so awesome!! I love the pictures from Vegas...

March 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh man, that looks like fun, I'm still so bummed I wasn't there! Next year, it's on!

March 10, 2010 at 1:17 PM  
Anonymous ralph alcala said...

Awesome Amanda! Happy you got so much out of WPPI, I have faith that this will be a great year for you:)

see ya soon...

-ralph

March 10, 2010 at 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are AWESOME-AWESOMEST! First off, you owned those vegas pics! look at u. totaly relaxed, having a hell of a time! SMILING!! at the other end of the camera! So LOVE you! And I have always looked up to you, you are the best female role model i've EVER known. I take your positive energy and pay it forward! In knowing you, you have made me better! Love you sis!

March 10, 2010 at 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie Ann Photography said...

Oh my Gosh!!! This is so hilarious to see on the big screen! Thanks, thanks a bunch ... no truly it was a great time and I can't wait until next year when we go for day 3. Oh ... what will come out of another day in Vegas. To be continued ...

March 10, 2010 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger amanda lynn photography said...

love love love that you are inspired. love love love even more that i got to spend time with you gals and made new friends that i just adore! <3

much love doll face!

March 10, 2010 at 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wasn't hating! i was being serious! i think that's a cool concept-to merge the blogging world with your photography bizz. i bet you'll get lots of new customers that way! :)
desiree

March 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM  
Anonymous connieMchung said...

hi amanda! it was so nice meeting you at wppi even though it was brief! and thanks for letting me crash your photobooth pics!

March 15, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home