Sunday, March 21, 2010

{ what I want to BE... }

I recently heard (from an awesome photographer named Mike Larson) that your 'to-do' list should never supersede your 'to-be' list.... meaning never prioritize task above character.

This is SOOOOOOO difficult! How many times have you just wanted to finish up the dishes before you had to be somewhere? And then you end up being late? Was getting that chore done really more important than being on time? Probably not. Would you rather be a reliable, punctual person with a few dishes in the sink.... or the person people always have to wait for? Kind of a no-brainer, huh? But what kind of things are on your 'to-be' list? How can you be the kind of person you want to be and still get the day-to-day things done? I honestly don't know yet, but I'm making it a point to find out! And I think the best place to start is with my 'to-be' list. So here we go (in no particular order, I'm not that organized!):

I want to be:
Happy
Reliable
Creative
Loved
Loving
Healthy
Considerate
Generous
Punctual
Quick to laugh
A good wife, friend, daughter, sister, auntie, etc....
A great mom.... some day
Tolerant
Fair
Relaxed
Confident
Inspiring
Strong
Organized
Fun
Spontaneous
Content
Successful

I'm sure I'll come up with more things, but I think that's enough to think about for now. I guess the next step is learning how to make decisions based on my 'to be' list instead of my 'to-do' list.... I'm taking all suggestions on how the heck to do that... anyone have any advice? What's on your to-be list?

And cuz pictures rule, here's a new one from my awesome bride/friend/future in-law of an in-law's bridal shower:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home