Tuesday, April 6, 2010

{ colette's catering }

So when I emailed Colette of Colette's Catering a few weeks ago I honestly had no idea how amazing her catering empire was. I had driven by her shop before... or so I thought. Turns out she has the most beautiful NEW place and quite the fantastic business. I was in total awe when I walked in the door. And then totally intimidated... until I met everyone. Everyone is not only insanely talented, but super nice and down to earth. I knew I was in for some fun.

I had emailed Colette thinking I should introduce myself to more local vendors and offer my services to any businesses that needed photos. Apparently I had great timing because she just so happened to have some fun cakes scheduled for that weekend and needed action shots of her 'Cake Goddesses' working their magic. And, of course, I was happy to oblige :-)

Colette,
Thanks so much for allowing me to shoot photos of everyone in action. You have an amazing business and I had a great time. Hope to work with you again :-)

This was actually a cake in their showroom..... ahhhhh-mazing, huh?




Theresa made this look sooooooo easy... I'm sure I would have made a huge mess of it, though.


These little birds were hand-made by Theresa... I was in love!


She made this look so effortless!





The guys in the catering area were hilarious. They were always talking and laughing as they worked.


To be honest I don't even like mushrooms... but I bet I would have liked these. They smelled so good!


Even appetizers look like art.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Everything looks fantastic! I've seen Collette's too and I've seen her name here and there. It's awesome that this all worked out! Of course I'm immediately a little concerned that the cake artist spelled Gatsby wrong, but I'm probably the only freak who would notice something like that. Forgive me. Everything looks so clean and professional, I'm sure they're going to love what you've done to show off their handiwork!

April 6, 2010 at 11:26 PM  
Anonymous Jen Johnson said...

Yummmmmmm!

April 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger amanda lynn photography said...

gorgeous amanda!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2010 at 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! The word Gatsby is totally spelled wrong. If I were the client I would be so mad. The pictures are awesome though. I love your style!!

April 14, 2010 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Amanda Patrice said...

Hi guys! I looked into the Gatsby mistake and it turns out the client misspelled the word on the order form :-/ But it was fixed. I wish I had noticed before posting that photo! Oops...

April 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 21, 2010 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

Amanda! I'm so happy you're doing foodie pics too! As amazing as it is to see a complete cake photographed, it really doesn't beat action pictures. The hands themselves add so much sentiment and hard work for the non-cake-makers out there to appreciate!

April 21, 2010 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger Desiree Eaglin said...

hey! now you know you've made it in the blogging world-you had your first troll! haha Gotta love them and their spelling corrections! hahahaha

April 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home