Monday, August 23, 2010

{ branden + melissa... married! }

Melissa and Branden's wedding made me cry a little... in a good way, of course. It's always such an honor to see two people tie the knot, but even more so when they're also great friends. They are so in love and all throughout the crazy wedding planning process they never lost sight of what their wedding was really all about: marrying their best friend. Close friends and family made the day complete with heartfelt speeches, hugs, happy tears, and dancing.

It was a perfect day... and here are the pictures (yay!):



Anything and everything eclectic gets major points in my book...


Getting prettier-fied...




Argyle? Yes please!


Melissa is also a wedding photographer... so of course a 'first look' was planned (more time for photos, people!)


They decided to write each other letters instead of exchanging vows out loud at the ceremony... it was a perfect way for them to tell each other how they felt.


Ok... listen up! Melissa's maid of honor MADE THIS BOUQUET! She had never made one before and I still can't believe it! How amazing is it?! And it stayed gorgeous throughout the whole day... I think she needs to switch careers.


Thanks to one of my favoritist 2nd shooters on the planet, Kate for catching this next one:




Melissa had been collecting jars for months, her friend helped sew the table runners, and she did her own flowers... crafty!


My gorgeous friend...


Melissa planned her wedding perfectly... all the way down to scheduling portraits during the best light. I luuuuuuv her!


Hey, handsome...





The first dance...


Everyone had so much fun dancing! And Melissa made sure to request Lady Gaga for me... and even gave me permission to take a dance break :-)


Details!!! Take a close look... Melissa and Branden are amazing DIYers.


VENDORS!

Hair: Rebecca Leigh Weddings | RebeccaLGill@yahoo.com | (714) 515-0200
Make-up: Bellissima Beauty, Natalie McCracken | (714) 809-1400
Flowers design: Sharon, Maid of Honor
Wholesale flowers: www.fiftyflowers.com
Officiant: YOUnique Ceremonies, Sean Fox | Sean@YOUniqueCeremonies.com | 714-402-2411
Cake: Sugar Me Bakery, Jess
DJ: Friend, Ian Cutrona (714)381-9931
Bridesmaid gifts: Melissa Loschy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MelissaLoschy

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I'm smiling like a damn fool looking at these! I love you and I love them and I wouldn't have had it any other way! I'm so glad you were there! Thanks so much for being such a great friend! Love love love. LOVE!

And seriously..."Hey, handsome," is right! And Colton is killing me. Is he not the most amazing kid? I die.

And I kind of love that my dog is for some reason in the middle of it all when he wasn't supposed to be there at all. Too funny. That's so my crazy family.

Yay!

August 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM  
Blogger chantel said...

oh amanda! i've been waiting to see these and i'm not let down! i'm loving looking at them over and over and over! what a fun day and you of course captured it beautifully! i want more! :)

August 24, 2010 at 6:07 AM  
Anonymous Jen Johnson said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!

August 24, 2010 at 10:35 AM  
Anonymous amanda doublin said...

love love love these! love love love THEM! adorable!!!!! <3

August 24, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home